Document Type : Original Article
Range Management group, Natural Resources Faculty, Sari Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources University, Sari, Iran
Watershed Mnagement group, Natural Resources Faculty, Sari Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources University, Sari, Iran
Soil pollution by heavy metals in the soil due to long-term sustainability and ecologically harmful effects, has become an environmental problem. In the study of vegetation in polluted areas with heavy metals, plants have the ability to grow and absorption the heavy metals, viewpoint the scientific aspects, functional and economically very important.
Material and methods:
In this study 500, 1250 and 2000 meter from the center Kiasar cement of sari in Mazandaran province, soil and vegetation sampling was conducted using systematic random. Plant species such as Astragalus, Artemisia and Convolvulus with 3 replications and 3 treatments (a total of 27 samples and 27 samples of soil from the plant Rhizosphere) in the form of randomized complete block design was tested. The collected Samples transported to the laboratory for testing. The concentration of Pb, Cu, and Zn of the samples were determined by using ICP Device.
Results and discussion:
Results of statistical analysis of this study showed that heavy metals in soil had difference was greater than the species studied. So compare means of data show amount of cu and pb in soil and species had significant differences with increasing distance (p < 0.05). Copper increased with increasing distance and lead showed decreasing trend. Zn did not show any significant differences with the changes of distance in soil but it was significant differences in species and does not follow the regular process.
Correlation of heavy elements of species with soil elements showed that Astragalus and Artemisia have significant Correlation with Copper and lead but Convolvulus just significant positive correlation with the Zn.
- Aazami, J., Moradpour, H. and KianiMehr, N., 2017. A review of biotic indices for heavy metals in polluted environment. Journal of Human and Environment. 40(1), 13-24. (In Persian with English abstract).
- Amini, F., Mirghafari, N. and Eshghi, B., 2011. Nickel concentrations in soil and number of natural plant species surrounding mine of lead and zinc in the Hamedan province. Journal of Environmental Sciences and Technology. 13(1), 11-20. (In Persian with English abstract).
- Auguy, F., Fahr, M., Moulin, P., Brugel, A., Laplaze, L., El Mzibri, M.,Filali Maltouf A., Bojarczuk, K. and kieliszewska-Rokicka, B., 2010. Effect of ectomycorrhizal on Cu and Pb accumulation in leaves and roots of silver birch (Betula pendula Roth.) seedlings grown in metal-contaminated soil. Water, Air and Soil Pollution. 207(1-4), 227-240.
- Addo, M.A., Darko, E.O., Gordon, C., Nyarko, B.J.B., Gbadago, J.K., Nyarko, E., Affum, H.A. and Botwe, B.O., 2012. Evaluation of heavy metals contamination of soil and vegetation in the vicinity of a cement factory in the Volta Region, Ghana., International Journal of Science and Technology. 2(1), 40-50.
- Dalvand, M., Hamidian, A.H., Zare Chahooki, M.A., Mir jalili, A.A., Moteshare Zadeh, B. and Esmaeil Zade, E., 20116. Determination of the concentration of heavy metals (Cu, Pb & Zn) in roots of Artemisia sp. in natural lands of Darreh Zereshk copper mine, Taft, Yazd. Journal of Natural Environment. 69(1), 35-46. (In Persian with English abstract).
- Duman, F., Urey, E. and Koca, F.D., 2015. Temporal variation of heavy metal accumulation and translocation characteristics of narrow-leaved cattail (Typha angustifolia L.). Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 22, 886- 896.
- Delijani, F., Parvinnia, M. and Khakshour, M., 2009. Enrichment and distribution of heavy metals in the soil of South Pars Special Economic Energy Zone (Assaluyeh). 8th International Congress on Civil Engineering. Shiraz University. 9(2), 304-308. (In Persian with English abstract).
- Einollahi Peer, F., Okati, N. and Ebrahimi, F., 2013. Survey of Cu concentration in soil and some pasture plants (Lactuca serriola, Artemisia sieberi and Astragalus bisulcatus) around the Khatoon Abad melting Copper mine in Shahr Babak. Animal Sciences Journal (Pajouhesh & Sazandegi). 99, 2-8. (In Persian with English abstract).
- Ghalibaf, M. and Rezaee Pour, A., 2013. Effects of Life form plant in absorption and excretion of heavy metals in the arid ecosystems of Koushk area in Yazd province. Journal of Rangeland. 7(1). 30-39. (In Persian with English abstract).
- Kafi, M., Borzouee, A., Salehi, M., Kamandi, A.,
- رضا تمرتاش و همکاران
- فصلنامه علوم محیطی، دوره پانزدهم، شماره 4، زمستان 9316
- Masoomi, A. and Nabati, J., 2009. Iranian Academic Center for Education, Culture and Research, Mashhad. p502.
- Kribek, B., Majer, V., Knesl, I., Nyambe, I., Mihaljevic, M., Ettler, V. and Sracek, O., 2014. Concentrations of arsenic, copper, cobalt, lead and zinc in cassava (Manihot esculenta Crantz) growing on uncontaminated and contaminated soils of the Zambian Copperbelt. Journal of African Earth Sciences. 99, 713-723.
- Lu, Y., Yao, H., Shan, D., Jiang, Y., Zhang, S. and Yang, J., 2014. Heavy Metal Residues in Soil and Accumulation in Maize at Long-Term Wastewater Irrigation Area in Tongliao, China. Journal of Chemistry. 156(3), 1-9.
- Mandal, A. and Voutchkov, M., 2011. Heavy metals in soils around the cement factory in Rockfort, Kingston, Jamaica International Journal of Geosciences. 2, 48-54.
- Mashhadizadeh, M.H. and Karami Z., 2011. Solid phase extraction of trace amounts of Ag, Cd, Cu, and Zn in environmental samples using magnetic nanoparticles coated by 3-(trimethoxysilyl)-1-propantiol and modified with 2-amino-5-mercapto-1,3,4-thiadiazole and their determination by ICP-OES. Journal of Hazardous Materials. 190(1–3), 1023–1029.
- Mamari, M., Jafari, M., Tavili, A., Motesharezade, B., Zare Chahooki, M., 2015. Assess the potential of rangeland plants for phytoremediation of soils contaminated by lead and zinc (Case study:around of rangeland Lead zinc Company in Zanjan). Journal of Rangeland. 9(1), 29-42. (In Persian with English abstract).
- Moreno-Jim ,J., Jes ,Pe., nalosa, E., Manzanoa, M.R., Carpena-Ruiza, R., Gamarrab, O. and Estebana, R., 2009. Heavy Metals Distribution in Soils Surrounding an Abandone Mine in NW Madrid (Spain) and Their Transference to Wild .Ora. Journal of Hazardous Materials. 162(2-3), 854–859.
- Nasrifard, M., Sayad, Gh., Jafarnejadi, A. and Afiuni, A., 2011. Lead contamination of soil and plant the wheat in the fields of Khuzestan province. National congress on modern Agricultural sciences and Tecnologies. pp.1-4. (In Persian with English abstract).
- Perez, N., Pey, J., Castillo, S., Viana, M., Alastuey, A. and Querol, X., 2008. Interpretation of the variability of levels of regional backgrounds aerosols in the western Mediterranean, Science of The Total Environmet. 407(1), 527-540.
- Samarghandi, M.R., Nouri, J., Mesdaghinia, A.R., Mahvi, A.H., Nasseri, S. and Vaezi, F., 2007. Efficiency removal of phenol, lead and cadmium by means of UV/TiO2/H2O2 processes. International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology. 4(1), 19-25. (In Persian with English abstract).
- Shu, W.S., Ye, Z.H., Lan, C.Y., Zhang, Z.Q. and Wong, M.H., 2002. Lead, zinc and copper acumulation and tolerance in populations of Paspalum distichum and Cynodon dactylon. Environmental pollution. 120(2), 445-453.
- Tavakoli Mohamadi, M., Khodadadi, A., Partani, S. and Marzban, M., 2011. Evaluation of heavy metal contamination in Zanjan province using GIS. 30th Symposium Geosciences Conference. Tehran.
- pp. 1-9.
- Tian, D., Zhu, F., Yan, W., Xi, F., Xiang, W., Deng, X. and Peng, C., 2009. Heavy metal accumulation by panicled goldenrain tree (koelreuteria paniculata) and common elaeocarpus (elaeocarpus decipens) in abandoned mine soils in southern china. journal of Environmental sciences. 21(3), 340-345.
- Verma, J.P., Singh, V. and Yadav, J., 2011. Effect of Copper Sulphate on Seed Germination, Plant Growth and Peroxidase Activity of Mung Bean (Vigna Radiate). In Journal of Botany. 7(2), 200-204.
- Vejdani Moradkandi, F., mansourfar, T., Nourabadi, A. and Mesgari, F., 2014. Study of Heavy Metals’ Accumulation in Aery Organs, Root and Sediment of Gathered Plant Astragalus from Jelbar Region in South-east Part of Urmia. 8th National Geological Conference of Payame Noor University. pp. 1-8.
- Wang, Y., Tao, J. and Dai, J., 2011. Lead tolerance and detoxification mechanism of Chlorophytum comosum. African Journal of Biotechnology. 10, 14516-14521.
- Zareh Reshquoeeieh, M., Pour Bagher, H. and Ashrafi, S., 2016. Investigation of heavy metals accumulation in sediment and aquatic organism in Khodaafarin Dam, Azarbaijan-Sharghi, Iran. Veterinary Journal (Pajouhesh & Sazandegi) No 110 pp. 72-80.
- Wcislo, E., Loven, Kucharski, D.R. and Szdzuj, J., 2008. Human health risk assessment case study: An abandoned metal smelter site in Poland, Chemosphere. Journal of Geochemical Exploration. 96, 223-230.
- Zeng, X.W., Ma, L.Q., Qiu, R.L. and Tang, Y.T., 2011. Effects of Zn on plant tolerance and non-protein thiol accumulation in Zn hyperaccumulator Arabis paniculata Franch.. Environmental and Experimental Botany. 70(2), 227-232.
- Zoufan, P., Saadatkhah, A. and Rastegharzadeh, S., 2013. Comparison of potentiality of heavy metals accumulation in the plants surrounding steel industries in the Mahshahr-Bandar Imam road, Ahvaz. Journal of Plant Biology. 5(16), 41-56. (In Persian with English abstract).