Document Type : علمی - پژوهشی
Department of Agricultural Economics, Sari Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources University, Sari, Iran
Introduction: Caspian Sea sturgeons are a valuable economic resource, a rare species and unfortunately endangered.Materials and methods: In response to these factors, the present study assesses the preservation value of Caspian Sea sturgeon by applying two-stage Heckman models in order to analysis and compare individual willingness to pay. The sample size was calculated by a simple stochastic sampling method and then all the analyses were performed using information from 358 One-and-One-half-Bound Dichotomous questionnaires.Results and discussion: The results show that, although the two-step Hackman method can distinguish the factors affecting a willingness to pay and factors affecting the accepted level of cost. The average value of willingness to pay as based on Heckman‘s two-step approach is 15,311 Rials per month per household.Conclusion:The preservation of annual value use as based on Heckman's two-step approach is 336.8 Million Rials.
- Abdolhosseini, M.Amirnejad, H. Ghaffarzadeh, H. andAbedi, G.,2012. General preferences and willingness to pay beneficiaries for protection of the Caspian Sea Case Study: Jobs related to sea business owners in the mazandarn province. 2ndConference planning and environmental management,15th-16th May, Tehran, Iran. p.12. (In Persian with English Abstract).
- AghapourSabbaghi, M. andMasihi, R., 2013. Environmental Valuation Karun River Compare logit models and Hackman, The first national conference on the sustainable development of agriculture and a healthy environment, 26th February, Hamedan, Iran. P. 567. (In Persian with English Abstract).
- Anonymous., 2008. Trade Promotion Organization of Iran, Deputy Market and marketing. Market research office goods and services.www.raazebaghaa.ir
- Anonymous., 1999. Wildlife Bureau, Department of Environment Iran (assessed: 2011). www.raazebaghaa.ir
- Darijani, A., 1999. Evaluation of Depositor’s Characteristics and Factors Affecting Household’s Bank Deposits. Master’s Thesis. Tehran University. Tehran, Iran. (In Persian with English Abstract).
- Environmental Protection Organization of Iran, Department of Natural Environment. Executive Secretariat of the Conference of CITES.www.doe.ir
- Etemadi, M., 2009. An overview of the caviar industry in Iran and the trend of production and sales during 1384 to 1386. Report of the Eleventh audit firms. (In Persian with English Abstract).
- FattahiArdekani, A. andFazlollahiMoleh, A., 2015. Compare General preferences and willingness to pay of tourists and residents of the city of Surrey for the protection of the Caspian Sea. Journal of Agricultural Economics. 9,135-152. (In Persian with English Abstract).
- Food Agriculture Organization World., 2015. www.fao.org.
- Greene, W.H., 1993. Econometric Analysis. 2nd Edition. New York: Macmillan. Pp. 791.
- Hayati, B.Ehsani, M. Ghahremanzadeh, M.Rahili, H. and Taghizadeh, M., 2010.Factors affecting willingness to pay Elgoli and constitutional Tabriz parks: Heckman two-step method. Journal of Agricultural Economics and Development. 24, 98-91. (In Persian with English Abstract).
- Iran Fisheries Organization statistics., 2015. In different years, mined in 2015.www.shilat.com
- Jamalipour, M. Shahpouri, A.R. andGhorbani, M., 2015. Factors affecting the formation of Changes in land use in the Mazandaran province: A Case Study of Tonekabon. Journal of Agricultural Economics and Development. 29, 115-107. (In Persian with English Abstract).
- Kavoosi, M.Shahbazi, H. andMakian, A., 2009. Estimated value of the recreational promenade with two-stage method, Heckman, case study: Garden Mohtasham, Rasht. Journal of Agricultural Economics. 1, 137-149. (In Persian with English Abstract).
- Loureiro, M. andOjea, E., 2008. Valuing local endangered species: The role of intra-species substitutes. Journal of Ecological Economics. 68, 161-178.
- Ojea, E. andLoureiro, M., 2010. Valuing the recovery of overexploited fish stocks in the context of existence and option values. Marine policy. 34, 514-521.
- RahimiDanesh, M. Accessed., 2007. Strategies to prevent the extinction of the sturgeon fishery. Iranian Fisheries Information Center. www.iranarticles.net.
- Ressurreicao, A. Gibbons, J.Dentinho, T.P. Kaiser Santos, R. and Edwards-Jones, G., 2011. Economic valuation of species loss in the open sea. Ecological Economics. 70, 729-739.
- Sharifpour, M.Amadeh, H.KavoosiKlamshomi, M. and Shaker, A., 2012. Valuation recreational function Zarivar Lake of Two-stage Heckman procedure. First International Conference on environmental crises and ways to improve it. 25thand 26thFebruary. Kish Island, Iran (In Persian with English Abstract).
- Tobin, J., 1958. Estimation of Relationships for Limited Dependent Variables. Journal of Econometrica. 26: 29-36.
- Yeo, I. Gordon, S.I. andGuldmann, J., 2004. Optimizing Patterns of Land Use to Reduce Peak Runoff Flow and Non-Point Source Pollution with an Integrated Hydrological and LandUse Model.AMS Online Journals Access Control. 6, 1–20.