Document Type : علمی - پژوهشی
Department of Architectur, Faculty of Architectur&planing, Hakim Sabzevari University, Sabzevar, Iran
Department of Educational Science and Psychology, Faculty of Fundamental Sciences, Hakim Sabzevari University, Sabzevar, Iran
Introduction: Sense of place is one of man's emotional reactions to the environment that link person to the place and forms the person's identity and place. Children's educational environment after the home and family puts the highest level of communication to interact with the children and sense of place attachment provides differences to the delight go back to school and stay in it that such fundamental factors are linked student to learning environment. On the other hand the lack of quality and quantity of green space environment of our school country have made this environment to soulless places with non-attractive materials and building for children. The aim of this study was to answer the question that basically what significant association between green environment schools and sense of place is established?Materials and methods: In this study it was tried first with using library studies act to explain the sense of attachment and its role in the children's learning environments; and then using field studies in a questionnaire manner; prove Assumptions at the beginning of the study by analyzing data from questionnaires in SPSS. In this questionnaires both a sense of attachment to school and relation with green space school (with various factors that including: "sensual relation with green space", "participation in the creation of green space" and "educational relation with green space") were measured.Results and discussion: It is composed of two parts: descriptive statistics and hypothesis testing. In descriptive statistics it is obvious direct connection between relation with green space school and sense of attachment to school. Witness of this is the ratio level of green space schools with children's sense of attachment; that has been achieved from the questionnaire distributed among students. In hypothesis testing each of the hypotheses will be examined that with using quantitative manner from both correlation test and multivariate regression method in prove hypothesis. The main hypothesis of research is proved with correlation (/649) that this indicates a positive and strong relationship between "relation with green space school" (in different levels) and "sense of attachment to school". As well as sub assumptions of research are proved with acceptable significant and correlation coefficient.Conclusion: At last, the result has been concluded that there are significant connection between relating with green space school in different levels including: "sensual relation with green space", "participation in the creation of green space" and "educational relation with green space", with sense of attachment to school in children. Sensual relationship with green space cause cognitive fluency on place by creating direct involvement (with all senses of perception and) and experience-driven; that this cause sense of intimacy and attachment to place. Participating in the creation of green space excites a self-esteem and sense of ownership towards the environment in children that Facilitates the belonging to a place. Also educational relation with green space is other cases where the outdoors and nature as a learning environment or teaching and learning resource is raised.
- Altman,I. and Low S.,1996. Place attachment. Plenum Press. New York.
- Brook ,T. and Sorin, R.,2011. All the places I’ve been to [in the tropics] are not really a special place: Investigating children’s place attachments through collage and stories. University of James cook. ,10, 130-199.
- Christidou, V.,Tsevreni,I.,Epitropou, M. andKittas,C .2013 , Exploring primary -children’s views and experiences of the school ground: The case of a Greek school. Environmental & Science EducationJournal. 8, 59-83.
- Derr, V. 2002. Children'ssense of place in northern new mexico. Environmental PsychologyJournal. 22,11-22.
- Falahat, M.S. 2006. The concept of sense of place and the factors shaping it. Iranian Journal of HonarhayeZiba. 26, 57-66. (In Persian with English abstract).
- Feyzi, M.,razzaghiasl, S.,taheri,S.,berenji, S. and hemmatjuo, A, 2010.Landscape design criteria of open area elementary schools. Tehran, OSRDEC-TRO Research report. Iran.
- Freuder,T.G.,2006. Designing for the future: Promoting ecoliteracy in children’s outdoor play environments. Master. Thesis. University of Polytechnic, Virginia.
- Hamid, N. and babamiri, M.2012.,Investigate the relationship between green space and mental health. Iranian Journal of Armaghan. 17, 309-316. (In Persian with English abstract).
- Hussein,H. 2012. The influence of sensory gardens on the behavior of children with special educational needs. Social and Behavioral SciencesJournal. 38, 343-354.
- Inglis,J., Deery, M. and Whitelaw, P., 2008. The development of place attachment in parks. Sustainable tourism. Available online at: www.researchgate.net/publication
- Kamalipour, H.,JeddiYeganeh, A. and Alalhesabi, M. ,2012. Predictors of place attachment in urban residential environments: A residential complex case Study. Social and Behavioral SciencesJournal. 35, 459-467.
- Morgan ,P. 2010. Towards a developmental theory of place attachment. Environmental PsychologyJournal.30, 11-22.
- Mozaffar, F.,MehdizadehSaraj, F. and Mirmoradi, S.S. 2009.Recognize the role of nature in educational space. Iranian Journal of FannavariAmozesh. 4, 37-46.(In Persian with English abstract).
- Salehifard, M. and alizadeh, S.D., 2008. Analysis of social and psychological dimensions of green spaces in cities (with urban management approach). Iranian Journal of Urban Management. 21, 19-33. (In Persian with English abstract).
- Scannell ,L. and Gifford ,R., 2010.Defining place attachment: A tripartite organizing framework.Environmental psychologyJournal. 30, 1-10.
- Shabak, M., Norouzi, N., Aminatuzuhariah MA.andTareef, HK..2015, Children’s sense of attachment to the residential common open space. Social and Behavioral SciencesJournal. 201, 39-48.
- Spencer, C. 2005. Place attachment, place identity and the development of the child’s Self-identity: searching the literature to develop anhypothesis. International Research in Geographical and Environmental Education. 14, 305-309.
- Wilson, E., 1984. Biophilia, the Human Bond With Other Species. Academic Press, Inc., University of Harvard, Cambridge.
- Zamani, B.E. and Nasr Esfahani, A.R., 2007. Physical and cultural features of educational spaces during elementary in four advanced countries from students and their parent's point of view.Educational InnovationsJournal. 23 55-84. (In Persian with English abstract).