Document Type : علمی - پژوهشی
MSc. Graduate of Agroecology, Department of Agroecology, Environmental Sciences Research Institute, Shahid Beheshti University, G.C., Tehran
Associate Professor, Department of Agroecology, Environmental Sciences Research Institute, Shahid Beheshti University, G.C., Tehran
Associate Professor, Department of Seed and Plant Improvement, Research Center for Agriculture and Natural Resources, Qazvin
As biodiversity declines, the ability of agro-ecosystems to produce ecosystem services such as food security deteriorates. Despite the important role of grape in the livelihood of communities that produce this crop and also its high potential for export, very few studies have been conducted on the status of biodiversity in grape production ecosystems and its relationship with different indices of productivity and stability. The data presented here were collected during face-to-face interviews with 220 grape orchardists in 2011. Results showed negative significant correlations between the Shannon-wiener index with total productivity (- 0.175**), water productivity (- 0.19**), land productivity (- 0.173**) and labour productivity (- 0.202**) as well as correlations between species richness with land productivity (- 0.14*). These results indicate negative relationship between changes in biodiversity of grapevine varieties with vineyard’s productivity and imply the long-term sustainability of the vineyards in Takestan County. Regression analysis showed that the explanation coefficients (R2) were between 0.03-0.04. We tentatively conclude from this that a 1% change in BD corresponds to approximately a 0.03-0.04% change in the value of productivity. The results also showed that the varietal diversity of vineyards have no effect on vineyards’ yield stability.
- Koochaki A, Nassiri Mahalati M, Jahani Kondori M, Broumand Rezazadeh Z. Study the biodiversity of industrial crops in Iran. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research; 2011;9(3):301-309. [In Persian
- Cardinale B J, Duffy J E, Gonzalez A, Hooper D U, Perrings C, Venail P, Narwani A, Mace G M, Tilman D, Wardle D A, Kinzig A P, Daily G C, Loreau M, Grace J B, Larigauderie A, Srivastava D S, Naeem Sh. Biodiversity loss and its impact on humanity. Nature; 2012;486:59-67.
- Loreau M, de Mazancourt C. Biodiversity and ecosystem stability: a synthesis of underlying mechanisms. Ecology Letters; 2013;16:106-115.
- Wang Sh, Loreau M. Biodiversity and ecosystem stability across scales in metacommunities. Ecology Letters; 2016;19:510-518.
- Worm B, Duffy J E. Biodiversity, productivity and stability in real food webs. Trends in Ecology and Evolution; 2003;18(12):628-632.
- Mace G M, Norris K, Fitter A H. Biodiversity and ecosystem services: a multilayered relationship. Trends in Ecology and Evolution; 2012;27(1):19-26.
- Costanza R, Fisher B, Mulder K, Liu Sh, Christopher T. Biodiversity and ecosystem services: A multi-scale empirical study of the relationship between species richness and net primary production. Ecological Economics; 2007;61:478-491.
- Isbell F I, Polley H W, Wilsey B J. Biodiversity, productivity and the temporal stability of productivity: patterns and processes. Ecology Letters; 2009;12:443-451.
- May R. Will a large complex system be stable?. Nature; 1972;238:413â414.
- Pfisterer A B, Schmid B. Diversity-dependent production can decrease the stability of ecosystem functioning. Nature; 2002;416:84â86.
- Paine R T. Trophic control of production in a rocky intertidal community. Science; 2002;296:736â739.
- Willms W D, Dormaar J F, Adams B W, Douwes H E. Response of the mixed prairie to
- protection from grazing. Journal of Range Management; 2002;55(3):210â216.
- Ghazvini M, Veisi H, Mahdavi Damghani A M, Khoshbakht K, Nejatian M A, Ghiasvand Ghiasi A. Measuring and analyzing productivity indicators in vineyards of Qazvin province (Case study: Takestan County). 8th Iranian Horticultural Science Congress. 26-29 August 2013, Bu-Ali Sina University, Hamedan, Iran. [In Persian
- Rasul G, Thapa G B. Sustainability of ecological and conventional agricultural systems in Bangladesh: an assessment based on environmental, economic and social perspectives. Agricultural Systems; 2004;79:327-351.
- Rajabi Hamedani S, Keyhani A, Alimardani R. Energy use patterns and econometric models of grape production in Hamadan province of Iran. Energy; 2011;36:6345-6351.
- Abbona E S, Sarandon S J, Marasas M E, Astier M. Ecological sustainability evaluation of traditional management in different vineyard systems in Berisso, Argentina. Agriculture Ecosystems and Environment; 2007;119:335-345.
- Rezaei M E. Studying sustainability of agroecosystems in the Hamadan province. MSc.: Environmental Sciences Research Institute, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran; 2011. P. 108. [In Persian
- Dolati Bane H, Nourjou A. Effect of Deficit Irrigation on Quantitative and Quality Traits of Fruit and Water Productivity of Three Grapevine Cultivars. Seed and Plant Production Journal; 2012;27(4):435-450. [In Persian
- Davari A, Khoshbakht K, Veisi H, Ghalegolab behbahani A, Liaghati H, Kambouzia J. Assessing the influence of socio-economic factors on vegetables diversity: The case of Varamin County. Journal of Agroecology; 2011;1(2):52-60. [In Persian]  Hashemi Shadegan F, Khoshbakht K, Mahdavi Damghani A M, Veisi H, Liaghati H. A survey of agrobiodiversity in Gachsaran county and influence of climate factors. Agroecology; 2010;2(1):1-11. [In Persian
- Rafiee M. Studying biodiversity of Horticultural and vegetable crops in Iran. The national conference of human, environment and sustainable development; 10-11 March 2010, Hamedan Branch, Islamic Azad
- [University, Hamedan, Iran. [In Persian
- Cottingham K L, Brown B L, Lennon J T. Biodiversity may regulate the temporal variability of ecological systems. Ecology Letters; 2001;4:72-85