Document Type : علمی - پژوهشی
Department of Water Engineering, Faculty of Agriculture, Zanjan University, Zanjan
MSc. Student of Irrigation and Drainage, Faculty of Agriculture, Zanjan University, Zanjan
Analysis of raining days is one of the most significant elements of weather forecasting concerning agricultural section, since rainfall is the most unstable factors and shortage or rainfall during growing season may create heavy damages on agricultural section, particularly on dry farming. Necessity of monitoring and analysis of this phenomenon could be demonstrated when we consider that a great part of agricultural lands depends on rainfall (amount and number of times) directly. Meanwhile, the significant performance of farming products will be related to raining method also in irrigation agriculture section. In the present study, number of raining days in Qazvin synoptic station, to analyze and study pathologically wheat cultivation by dry farming in the province, statistical models were used. Results of statistical analysis of number of raining days demonstrated that number of raining days in wet years in autumn cultivation season with recurrence interval of 5, 10, 25 and 50 year based on 29, 32, 39 and 44 days, respectively. Furthermore, in dry years, number of raining reliable days can be 8, 4, 0 and 1 day. In this regard, to investigate and study pathologically dry farming in the province, a statistical analysis was performed about raining days during growing season for wheat product. Findings of the analysis showed that in dry periods, dry farming is not appropriate and no reliable rainfall will be occurred during growing period.
- Juras J. Some common feature of probability distributions for precipitation. Theoretical and applied climatology; 1994; (49): 69- 76.
- Katz R.W. On some criteria for estimating the order of a markov chain. Technometrics; 1981; 23(3): 243-249.
- Williams C.B. Sequences of wet and of dry days considered in relation to the logarithmic series. Quarterly journal of the royal meteorological society; 1952; (78): 91- 96.
- Gabriel K.R, Neumann J. On the Distribution of weather cycles by length, quarterly. Journal of the Royal meteorological society; 1957; (83): 375-380.
- Deni S.M, Jemain A.A, Ibrahim K. The Spatial distribution of wet and dry spells over peninsular peninsular Malaysia. Theoretical and applied climatology; 2008; (94): 163-173.
- Dobi-Wantuch I, Mika J, Szeidl L. Modeling wet and dry spells with mixture distributions. Meteorology and atmospheric physics; 2000; (73): 245-256.
- Deni S.M, Jemain A.A, Ibrahim K. Fitting optimum order of markov chain models for daily rainfall occurrences in peninsular Malaysia. Theoretical and applied climatology; 2009; (97): 109-121.
- Husak G, Michaelsen J, Funk CH. Use of the gamma distribution to represent monthly rainfall in Africa for drought monitoring applications. International journal of Climatology; 2004; (27): 935-944.
- Suhaila J. Jemain A.A. Fitting daily rainfall amount in peninsular Malaysia using several types of exponential distributions. Journal of applied sciences research; 2007; 3(10): 1027-1036.
- Ababaie B, Sohrabi T, Mirzaie, F. Simulation of rainfall occurrence in Qazvin synoptic station using probability. Journal of Geographical Research; 2011;(79): 91- 110. [In Persian]
- Asakereh H, Mazini F. Analysis of the probability distribution for the annual precipitation in the Golestan province. Iran-Water Resources Research; 2010; (1): 51- 55. [In Persian]
- Nohi K, Askari A. Evaluation of drought and wet periods and droughts in the region Qom. Journal of drought and agricultural drought; 2005; (15): 47- 63. [In Persian]
- Modares R. The regional distribution of precipitation in Iran. Journal of Research and development; 2007; (1): 23- 29. [In Persian]
- Statistics from major crop losses due to drought Crop. 2012, p. 80. [In Persian]
- Agricultural statistics Agriculture Organization of Qazvin province. 2011, p. 61. [In Persian]
- Azizi GH, Yarahmadi D. The relationship between climaticparameters and yield of wheat with the regression model (Case Study Silakhor plain). Journal of Geographical Research; 2003; (1): 29- 23. [In Persian]
- Mozafari GH, Ghaemi h. Analysis precipitation conditions in the dryland areas.Journal of Geographical Research; 2002; (42): 103- 119. [In Persian]