Document Type : علمی - پژوهشی
Faculty of Agriculture and Natural Resources, University of Islamic Azad, Science and Research Branch, Tehran.
, Faculty of Agriculture, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran.
Faculty of Agriculture and Natural Resources, University Islamic Azad, Boroujerd Branch, Boroujerd
Forest resources management due to the breadth of the subject and interference with social and economic issues is a meta-organizational plan application which is required the public participation. Due to increasing population size and high dependency of forest dwellers to forest resources, the destruction of these valuable resources declined in terms of quantity and quality and is in danger of disappearing. The purpose of this study was to investigate affecting factors on participation of forests rural dwellers toward Oshtorankooh forests management in Doroud. The study was fulfilled by using descriptive - correlation method. The population size was 543 households that according to Krejcie & Morgan Table, 226 family supervisors were studied as a sample by using stratified random sampling method. Statistical analysis was done through SPSS software. The research tool included a questionnaire that its validity was confirmed by a group of professionals. A pilot study was conducted during which the Cronbach's alpha test was calculated to determinate the reliability of data collection instrument. Multiple regression analysis showed that the use of educational tools and resources, attitude to participation, age, cooperation and interaction experience in rural areas, education level and annual income, could explain 0.51 of the variation of participation. Results of path analysis showed that variable of the use educational tools and resources had the most effect and the awareness of the importance of forests had the least effect on the participation rate in forest management. Based on the findings, some executive recommendations have been presented
- De Boer W, Baquete D S. (1998). Natural resource use, crop damage and attitudes: The case of rural people in the vicinity of the Maputo Elephant Reserve, Mozambique. Journal of Environmental Conservation; 1998; 25(3):208-218.
- International Bank for Reconstruction and Development. Expanding Financing for Biodiversity Conservation: Experiences from Latin America and the Caribbean. http://www.worldbank.org/content/dam/Worldbank/document/LAC-Biodiversity-Finance.pdf, (assessed: Winter, 2012).
- Bijani M, Hayati D, Abdolvand B. Agricultural Water Conflict in Doroodzan Dam Irrigation Network, Iran: Regional Water Experts' Opinion. Journal of Environmental Sciences. 2012; 1(37): 14-28.
- Azizi Khalkheili T, Zamani, G H. Farmer participation in irrigation management: The case of Doroodzan Dam Irrigation Network, Iran. Journal of Agricultural Water Management. 2009; 96: 859- 865.
- Samari D . Design an appropriate model to promote social forestry in forests of Zagros Mountains. Agricultural Sciences Journal; 2005; 3: 70-85. [In Persian].
- FAO / UNESCO. Forest and cultures in Asia, Workshop and Project proposal on focus , Regional unit for Social and Human Sciences in Asia and the pacific, Bangkok. http://www.unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0009/000940/094059eb.pdf, (assessed: 2012).
- Beheshti Seresht M . Factors affecting the participation of local communities in natural resource management. Forest and Rangeland Journal; 2009; 84: 90-95. [In Persian].
- Falconer J. Forestry extension: A review of the key issues. Network paper, social forestry Network. UK: overseas development institute (40). http://www.direct.org, (assessed: 1987).
- Mir Rajabi H, Yakhkeshi A, Emadian F A, Fallah, A. The role of management in improving social and economic conditions of forests rural dwellers. Forest and Rangeland Journal; 2004; 71: 26-33. [In Persian].
- Kaimowitz D, Pacheco P, Johnson J, Pavez I, Vallejos C, Velez R. Local government and forest in the Bolivian lowlands. Overseas development institute. Rural Development Forestry Network. http://www.odi.org/sites/odi.org.uk/files/odi-assets/publications-opinion-files/1194.pdf, (assessed: Winter, 1998-1999).
- Shariati M R, Ziadbaksh S, Amini N. Factors affecting forests rural dwellers' participation regarding to protection of North and west forests of Iran: The case of forest rural dwellers in Kurdistan and Mazandaran provinces. Forest and Rangeland Journal; 2005; 67: 747-57. [In Persian].
- Djodjowin L. Participatory management of natural resources in Benin: case study of the Bassila subdistrict, Atacora Distric. Proceeding of the International workshop on community forestry in Africa Gambia. http:ââ www.fao.org â docrep â fao â 006 â x7760b â x776oB21.pdf, (assessed: 2000).
- Glendinning A, Mahapatra A, Mitchell C P. Modes of Communication and Effectiveness of Agroforestry Extension in Eastern India. Journal of Human Ecology; 2001; 29(3): 283-305.
- Varamini, N. Factors affecting on forests rural women dwellers' participation in Mazandaran province (Sari) regarding to forest conservation, M.Sc. Thesis, fields of agricultural extension and education, Islamic Azad University, Science and Research branch of Tehran, Iran; 2003, p.164. [In Persian].
- Haidarpoor Z. The role of membership in forests dwellers cooperatives regarding to conservation, development and utilization of forest resources in the west of Mazandaran province. M.Sc. Thesis, fields of agricultural development, University of Tehran, Iran; 2005, p.180. [In Persian].
- Daneshmehr, H . Investigation of sociological factors affecting rural people' social participation. The case of Deshe village in Paveh township, M.Sc. Thesis, University of Tehran, Iran; 2009, p. 155. [In Persian].
- Azkia M, Ghaffari Gh. An investigation the relationship between rural people' social cohesion and their organized social participation in rural areas of the Kashan township. Journal of Agricultural Economics Sciences and Development; 2001 ; 36: 175-205. [In Persian].
- Fleury J B. Drawing New Lines: Economists and other Socoal Scientists in the 1960s. History of Political Economy; 2010; 42(1): 315-342.